Syracuse Radon Mitigation and Testing ServicesServing Syracuse and Central New York - For Service or Free Estimate call: 315-439-1103
Tom Francis – I founded A Best Radon Systems in 2008 to fill the need for a reputable Syracuse radon mitigation company. I’ve performed more than 2000 home inspections since 1997 and for most of those I also tested for radon. I’ve tested dozens of homes with radon mitigation systems that “failed” the radon test, meaning the radon tested above 4 pCi/L, sometimes very much so. I came to find out many radon mitigation companies never perform a post mitigation radon test to confirm the proper operation of their system. Homebuyers assumed with the system installed the radon was reduced, unfortunately, not always the case, and they sometimes don’t realize it until the house sells again.
A Best Radon Systems has built a reputation as one of the premier radon companies in Central New York. We have above 99.5% success rate lowering radon below 4 pCi/L in several hundred homes and businesses since 2008. And we do tough jobs others turn down – old homes with dirt floors and crawl spaces, etc. Most of our systems reduce radon below 2 pCi/L to as low as zero. Guaranteed results and transferable warranty. You can rest assured that we can fix your radon problems.
My emphasis is on QUALITY – not quantity or speed; most Syracuse radon mitigation systems are installed in one day but done with care and attention to detail. I’ve earned a reputation among realtors as the go to company for fixing radon problems, for difficult mitigation jobs other contractors turn down and for fixing failed radon mitigation systems. Allow me to put my experience at work for you.
Mission Statement: My goal is to provide great customer service and fine craftsmanship at an affordable price. I Guarantee to stand by my work. It’s my business to keep your family safe!
The Important Things You Should Know
• No one will take greater pride in their work than the business owner.
• I am the one to visit your home and design a system around your needs.
• I am the person who will show up on time and install the system as we discussed.
• A Best Radon Systems is a small business dedicated to offering the very best in workmanship and customer service.
• Rest assured I have above 99.5% success rate lowering radon in many hundreds of homes.
• We are a family business serving central New York for over 20 years, installing many hundreds of radon mitigation systems since 2008 and you can count on us to be around in the future if you need us.
• BBB ACCREDITATION – We have maintained an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, with no complaints filed.
• A warranty is only as good as the company or person who issues it, we have a great warranty and warranty service.
Transferable Performance Guarantee / Limited Lifetime Warranty
• Starts upon completion of installation and extends for a 5-year period for whoever owns the property.
• All active systems installed will carry a 5-year guarantee that average radon levels will remain below 4.0 pCi/l.
• All systems also come with a 5-year warranty that will cover all components of the system as well as workmanship.
• All fans installed by A Best Radon Systems come with a manufacturer 5-year warranty and are expected to last more than 10 years.
• Upon sale of house, the guarantee and warranty automatically transfer to the new owners. Full 1 year transferable warranty on radon system materials and workmanship, guaranteed to reduce the average radon level in your home below the E.P.A. action level of 4.0 pCi/L for all completed installations – complete installation of all required phases. After 1 year the individual components carry only the manufactures factory warranties – radon fans 5years, HRVs 7 to 10 years. Due to our expertise and dedication to our clients we are able to offer an optional Transferable Lifetime Performance Guarantee which includes the radon fan; this Lifetime Performance Guarantee requires registration and annual fee to activate a service agreement for scheduled inspection and maintenance plus biannual radon testing, as recommended by the EPA. While every attempt will be made to reduce the radon level in your home to below EPA action guideline of 4.0 pCi/L, Best Home Inspection and Radon Services cannot guarantee these levels if your home has sub-slab HVAC vents that are not properly sealed, inaccessible crawl space areas or if the homeowner chooses not to have additional work performed or system components installed required for additional phase(s) of work, when more than one phase is required. See warranty details and limitations on page 4.
Mitigation Service Tailored to meet your need. Whether a real estate sale needing an economical system quickly installed, or old radon system needing repairs, if you prefer a concealed system or one designed to aesthetically blend in with the look of the home. If you have a difficult radon job other contractors won’t even bid on. Whatever your need, we’ve earned the reputation as the “go to” company to get the job done and done right. 30 years experience in construction, finished carpentry, plumbing, masonry, electrical and more combined with 15 years of radon mitigation system design and installation, attention to detail and care for your home, ensures you will get a highly effective, aesthetically pleasing system while keeping costs as low as possible. We back up our work with a transferable warranty and performance guarantee. See more on our radon mitigation systems.
I don’t recommend shopping by price alone. I’ve inspected hundreds and repaired dozens of Central New York radon mitigation systems installed by other radon contractors and homeowners. Well above 10% of these systems have significant safety issues and more than 25% are improperly installed, using substandard materials. Unfortunately some of the most “experienced” radon contractors are those who cut corners to cut costs as much as possible and get the job done in the least amount of time. Most importantly you want a quality radon removal installation that safely reduces radon to a very low level.
Some of the safety defects I’ve found on improperly installed radon mitigation systems include: Fans installed in living areas, the use of inferior quality fans and pipe not designed for radon gas, improper and unsafe wiring or switching, vent pipes joined without glue, loose and leaking vent pipe joints, vent pipes that have become disconnected and fallen apart inside attics, walls and ceiling cavities, serious back draft of gas heating appliances causing carbon monoxide leakage into home due to improper air sealing on active fan mitigation systems.